Saturday, February 7, 2015

Interview with Dave Perillo

I really like Dave's pop-cultured-themed style of design. I feel like it's a prime example of how sometimes simple is better. Like he said knowing the basic shapes you can make anything. You can definitely tell he admires Walt Disney just for the fact that I could see a lot of his designs associated with Disney. I just really like the fact that his art is so different and stands out from the modern design that we see today. You can tell that he is very vintage inspired. I love his advice of developing your own style or "thing". That's what design and art are all about, a form of expression, most importantly a form of your expression. If everyone took the safe route or copied off of every other designer the world be such a boring place where everything looks the same. 



No comments:

Post a Comment